Kitzbühel ski trip now official!

Thank God I have three days to shred this! Today I purchased my second European ski package with ÖBB to Kitzbühel Ski Area in the Tirol region of Austria. Kitzbühel is just East of Innsbruck and takes about 5 hours by train from Vienna. I will be staying at the SnowBunny's Backpackers Hostel, only a short walk from the train station and ski lifts! My train departs Thursday after class and I'll stay Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. The package includes round-trip railfare and a 3-day ski pass to the resort.

In other news, plans to visit Philip sometime around April are in the works. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at some point. I'm still planning to spend some time in Luzern with Greti & family around that time, as well. My other post-program travel plans are beginning to dwindle as I have realized I'd rather spend more time with family than try to "travel the world" in a matter of weeks. I'm now thinking to fly to Istanbul, take a bus to Izmir, hang out on some Turkish/Greek island on my way to Athens via ferry, then possibly fly back to Vienna from there. I'm open to any comments or suggestions!

So be jealous: Here's some chocolate Irmtraut gave us... some of them have Schnapps on the inside!! Anyway, tomorrow is Wednesday - my short day. I have class at 9am but I'll be out of there by noon and an entire afternoon of FREEDOM! We got some information from Frauke about public pools so maybe I'll track one down and do some lap swimming. Once again, I'm going to look ridiculous in my bikini because I didn't bring my Speedo... oh well, who cares?! I'll also need to start getting my things together for the ski trip because I'll have to leave IMMEDIATELY after class on Thursday. One other nice thing about the trains, though, is that you don't have to worry about getting there hours and hours ahead of time. They leave at whatever time is posted and all that matters is that you are inside before then! I'll have to admit, I'm still getting used to this as I've been horrendously early for most of my trips thus far. (I just spelled 'horrendously' right on the first try, wow.) :p

Not much other news. Hope everyone is getting their post cards! More on the way! :)