Another visit to the symphony

Frauke scored some discounted front-row seats to a show at the Vienna Concert House tonight. She purchased them with AHA money so it was all free for us (except for the coat check, which you are REQUIRED to do!!) The performance was all strings with the following program:

Joseph Haydn: Symphonie G-Dur Hob. I/88,
Konzert für Violoncello und Orchester C-Dur Hob. VIIb/1
Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy: Symphonie Nr. 3 a-moll op. 56

I really liked the first one, Haydn's "The Letter V," and I'm actually listening to it again right now! I loved the all-strings sound and I'll probably have to seek out another string concert, soon!

For our final project in music class we have to do a composer/concert report combination and I was thinking about doing it on Camille Saint-Saens. We are required to go to a live performance of the composer's work so I'm not sure how I'm going to figure that one out but I'll ask our professor.

My German is coming along nicely, I think. In Kitzbühel, I met some Swiss people and one of them hardly spoke English so we were forced to try to communicate auf Deutsch! In class this week I could already tell I had moved ahead of everyone else just a tad - it's pretty exciting! :)

I finally spent the rest of the money in my Scottrade account and I'm pretty confident it's a good stock. I already had just 3 shares but it is the only stock in my portfolio that ISN'T crashing to the ground like everything else... so I decided to spend my leftovers on more shares. Let's not get into detail about how my other stocks are doing...

Well it's been snowing here the past couple of days, windy and really cold! I'm debating another day-trip to Semmering on Friday to ski. Sometimes I think it's such a hassle but I know as soon as I get up there I will realize how it's SO worth it. We'll see what happens, I think it will be a game-time decision.

I've been trying to keep up with the rest of the world on CNN, one of the four English TV channels we get here. Obama... you are crazy.